Thanks for stopping by

I'm so glad you stoppped in. Please come back again soon.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 45, 2010


This is not a picture I took today. I took a photo of our dinner (Spaghetti Bake), I took a photo of Doug and Katie watching TV when he came over tonight, I took a picture of the Valentines gift Doug gave me.... but if I'm going to record my life as real as I can, quite frankly those photos would've been irrelevant, even though they were taken today. So, as I thought about my weekend and my day and what it was really about, it was about reflection. So often I am guilty of rush, rush, rushing through my day, through the precious little moments, taking them for granted. I promised myself at the beginning of the year I would make it my goal to slow down and not put so much pressure on myself to see how much I can accomplish in one day and instead to take a step back and enjoy the little things and if I only accomplish one thing, but do it well and make a precious memory, well you know what I'm trying to say. I succeeded for a short period. Here it is Feb 14 and I'm doing it again. I'm in such a hurry to get the next task done, or finish this or that that I forget to take pride in the moment, give it my full attention and remember to live in and for the moment. I run, run, run until I crash and burn. So, my picture of the day is just a little reminder. I took that photo last summer while sitting on the deck relaxing, recharging and was just for once noticing the beauty around me and how lucky I am. It's so easy to blame our happiness or unhappiness on others or to say TOMORROW I'll take the time to write a nice note, or call my aunt or say I love you.... but one never knows what is in store tomorrow... Lorrie, enjoy the moment, slow down, notice how lucky you are and appreciate it - Happiness is a decision.

8 comments:

  1. Wow very poignant. As I was reading this it hit me that I am exactly like this. I don't take the time to appreciate the here and now that often. Thanks for making me think and realizing Happiness is a decision :)
    Hugs Lorrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very insightful and reflective. Beautiful photo. I thought it was from a magazine or something. Nice post and that is why I like 365, so every night I can count my blessings of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture and your words are soooo true..

    ReplyDelete
  4. your words couldnt have come at a better time. thank you :) what a pretty butterfly pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohhhh Lorrie thank you for thoise inspiring words...Perfect timing as I too needed this!!
    I am sooo blessed to have all your girls part of my life!!! This 365 project is sooo much more than I ever thought it would be...
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete