Thanks for stopping by

I'm so glad you stoppped in. Please come back again soon.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Expression + Photoshop = Cricut Imagine??


I've been toying with the idea of the Cricut Imagine... do I want it... would I use it? What do I like about it? Well to be quite honest, I rarely use my Expression and what I guess attracts me to the Imagine is the cute images I keep seeing on the infomercials.... so I sat down for about 10 minutes tonight to see if I could recreate something similar... here's what I came up with. The top image is my version of the Cricut Imagine image from the Imagine More Cartridge (bottom picture).

So, I guess, for now... I will just stick with my Expression and Photoshop. Sure I'd have to cut out the images by hand, but that's not all that hard and no, mine isn't exactly the same.. but I only spent about ten minutes.. I could've make it much more duplicate had I taken a little time... and on the plus size.. I can recolor all my layers without losing the detail, which appears to be an issue with the Imagine.



5 comments:

  1. you are so good at this.. yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. boy are you ever the clever one. I like the way you think. Save money and still get what you want. I think it turned out pretty great. I've heard only negative about the Imagine. So no thanks. I like your way better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yours is better. I seriously don't think you need it. The dishes sound much more fun and better!! I'm over Provo Craft unless I take up the Knifty Knitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you serious????? That's amazing. How did you do that (and in 10 mins????). Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go to figure that out. I don't have any interest in the Imagine. I use my E a lot but the Imagine has to be expensive with the ink cartridges.

    ReplyDelete