Thanks for stopping by

I'm so glad you stoppped in. Please come back again soon.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 173, 2010


Earthquakes and tornadoes... oh my! Yep... today we felt an earthquake in South Bend. Just slightly, but I felt it. I was at my desk and felt my chair rocking. I thought one of my co-workers were messing with me. Apparently there was a 5.5 Earthquake in Canada and we could feel it. Isn't that wild?!?! Then, as if that wasn't enough, I go home and watch the weather gradually turn into this major storm. I mean the tornado sirens were going, the sky turned pitch black. The pic below was taken about 8:00.. it's normally still light outside. It was kind of scary. Thankfully, Alex had gotten home about 1/2 hour or so before the storm hit and Doug, Ashlea, Richie, Alex, the animals and I were all safe and sound at home. There were several rotations in our area.. I haven't heard yet if any touched down. Our area is still suffering from a bad storm last Friday night. Thousands were without power, and now a lot more. We (knock on wood) have kept power through both storms... but our road is an absolute mess! (Don't get me started!).


6 comments:

  1. Wow you felt a earthquake all the way from Canada. That's scary. Im glad you all were home safe together. I really don't think I could live anywhere near that kind of weather. Im too much of a chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my! No wonder I could not reach you! when you called my phone died and I had to charge it. I tried calling you later. Hope you are ok!! I am gone in the morning but will be home in the afternoon. Stay safe and snug!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about the earthquake in Canada. Didn't realize you would be able to feel it. We have felt several from California and kind of scary. And a tornado warning too. I would be scared with all that going on. I don't even like lightening....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow --- that's quite a distance away. I guess it's on the fault line? Glad you were all safe!! Sending hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. that does look like a bad storm. Glad you were all safe in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wild that you could feel it, wow. Looks like you got hit with quite a storm, too. I love a good storm as long as we are all home together and safe.

    ReplyDelete