Thanks for stopping by

I'm so glad you stoppped in. Please come back again soon.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 254, 2010


I was sitting on the couch watching the Today show on 9/11/2001. I had just moved to South Bend and wasn't working, yet. I remember watching Katie Couric interrupt her story by saying... we just heard a plane or something has just crashed into the world trade center.. moments later they showed video of it.... I don't think we left the couch for two weeks. It was horrific!! As the events of the day unfolded, I waited and waited for them to send the kids home from school...but they didn't. I thought that was crazy. Today, we watched a lot of 9/11 memorial programs on HSN... remembering all over is hard, but necessary. So many wonderful moms, dads, sisters, brothers, friends, firefighters were so brave and are missed.

3 comments:

  1. I also watched the playback footage in the morning before leaving for the day. It totally takes me back to that day. My kids didn't want to go to school, but I made them. That same day Robert got layed off his job.(just coincidence) So its a day that will forever be in my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched it too. I feel so bad I didn't even post anything on my blog about 9/11. Trying to remember what I posted.. oh I went to see Aunt Eloise that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture you have. I was getting ready for work and was in total shock. It was such a sad day. One I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete